AvaTrade Stock Indices Trading
AvaTrade offers one of the largest ranges of stock indices of any online broker. You can choose from 19 different stock index CFDs, covering markets around the globe, and trade them right alongside your Forex trades.
Whether you’re bullish or bearish about the global economy, AvaTrade index CFD trading allows you to trade long or short instantly, 24 hours a day during the market week, without paying any fees.
Open an account today and discover the advantage of stock indices CFD trading with AvaTrade.
What Are Indices?
Stock index CFDs are financial instruments that represent the value of the underlying publicly-traded companies. One leading index is the S&P 500, which reflects the collective value of top companies trading on the NYSE. If the overall value of those companies’ shares rises, the price of the S&P 500 will go up.
There are also indices that represent smaller companies trading on the NYSE, as well as indices for various stock exchanges around the world, from Japan’s NIKKEI to Germany’s DAX.
AvaTrade’s selection of 19 stock index CFDs includes:
- S&P 500 – The value of the Standard & Poor 500 is based on the share prices of 500 leading US-based companies
- NASDAQ 100 – This index represents the value of 100 non-financial NASDAQ-traded companies
- FTSE 100 – The FTSE 100 is a collection of 100 of the largest publicly-traded UK companies
- DJ EURO STOXX 50 – Euro Stoxx 50 collects together 50 of the largest European companies’ share value
- NIFTY 50 – A representation of 50 major companies traded on the National Stock Exchange of India
Our Trading Conditions page details the full range of indices on offer, including spreads, trading hours and lot sizes.
Why Trade CFDs?
CFD index trading offers a number of benefits to the online trader. Trading CFDs (Contracts for Difference) allows you to buy or sell financial instruments without actually owning the underlying asset. These could be commodities, stock, or in the case of stock index CFDs, the value of the underlying indices.
A trader can place a buy order on, for example, the S&P 500. If the price of the index goes up, when he comes to sell he will earn the difference between the buy and sell price. If it goes down, the trader pays the difference.
Because the trader never owns the asset, the costs are far lower, there are no restrictions on trading short, and an investment can be leveraged by up to 400 times.
You can visit the Education section to learn more about CFD trading.
Make AvaTrade Your CFD Broker
Start trading Stock Index CFDs on AvaTrade and you’ll enjoy a whole host of advantages:
- A choice of 19 Indices to trade
- Trade 24 hours a day, 5 days a week
- Buy or sell with no fees
- Live multi-language support during trading hours
- Get a sign-up bonus of up to $5000
AvaTrade also offers a range of different trading platforms, high-quality educational materials and live updates and analysis free of charge.
Join AvaTrade and start trading Stock Indices today.